Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
By separating behaviour and state, lean models offer an effective and scalable way to represent units of behaviour. With the advances in cloud-based infrastructures and implementation of microservices architectures, functional models seem to be a compatible, resilience enabling and more obvious choice as the preferred paradigm.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lean and Functional Domain Modelling (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- E127 - Sara Harrup - The Pathway to Using Data Analytics to Relieve Hunger & in the Business (Online Meetup on 27th November 2022)
- Carving Microservices Out of the Monolith With Domain Storytelling (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Rethink Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Lean and Functional Domain Modelling
Marcello has a mixed academic background of Sociology and Computing for Management — a reason why you will often find him between the computer and business people. He has been awarded “Best UK Agile Coach” at the UK Agile Awards, in 2014. He’s involved with the Agile and Open Source communities for over 10 years now. Marcello co-created PhpSpec, a popular BDD-flavoured testing and design tool and, more recently authored Phunkie — a library containing functional structures and patterns, based on the abstract algebra theory of categories.