Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You'll explore C# examples of how to build client and server gRPC components using ASP.NET Core 3.0, using the blazingly fast Kestrel web server. You'll learn how to define your proto3 service definition (contract) and integrate with MSBuild tooling to code gen the server and client components you'll need. You'll be amazed at how quickly a service can be created with little effort or boilerplate code required. You'll also see how additional clients can easily be generated for other languages such as Node.js to make connecting polyglot systems a breeze.
It's a great time to begin taking notice of gRPC as a worthy contender to take over from REST for inter-service communication in microservice-based environments. It's time to start letting service talk their own language!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Let's talk HTTP in .NET Core (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- iSAQB Software Architecture Gathering — Digital 2022 (Online Conference on 14th - 17th November 2022)
- F# eXchange 2023: Conference Livestream (Online Conference on 7th - 8th March 2023)
- Open Source MLOps - Model Deployment (Online Meetup on 29th September 2022)
- Building a Culture to Take Control of Your Software (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
Beyond HTTP in ASP.NET Core 3.0 with gRPC
Steve Gordon is a Microsoft MVP, Pluralsight author, senior developer and community lead based in Brighton. He works for Madgex developing and supporting their data products built using .NET Core technologies. Steve is passionate about community and all things .NET related, having worked with ASP.NET for over 15 years.