Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
DevOps has grown in popularity over last years, particularly in (software) companies that want to reduce their lead time to be measured in days/weeks instead of months/years without compromising quality.
If you want your software to do the right things and correctly, you need to test it implacably.
The big problem is that companies see the testing phase as the bottleneck of the process, slowing down product release (which it is). To change that, there needs to be a new way of testing applications, making the release process a testing process as well, and involve everyone within the team from the beginning. QAs are not a separate team anymore (DevTestOps).
How does this affect the testing pyramid? In this session, you will discover and explore several techniques that you can use immediately following the session to start testing in production and speeding up your release cycle to unimaginable limits.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps
Alex is a Software Engineer in the Developers group at Red Hat. He is passionate about the Java world, software automation and believes in the open source software model.