Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
DevOps has grown in popularity over last years, particularly in (software) companies that want to reduce their lead time to be measured in days/weeks instead of months/years without compromising quality.
If you want your software to do the right things and correctly, you need to test it implacably.
The big problem is that companies see the testing phase as the bottleneck of the process, slowing down product release (which it is). To change that, there needs to be a new way of testing applications, making the release process a testing process as well, and involve everyone within the team from the beginning. QAs are not a separate team anymore (DevTestOps).
How does this affect the testing pyramid? In this session, you will discover and explore several techniques that you can use immediately following the session to start testing in production and speeding up your release cycle to unimaginable limits.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps
Alex is a Software Engineer in the Developers group at Red Hat. He is passionate about the Java world, software automation and believes in the open source software model.