Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Serverless functions or FaaS are all the rage.
By leveraging well established event-driven microservice design principles and applying them to serverless functions you can build a homogenous ecosystem to run FaaS applications. Kafka’s natural ability to store and replay events means serverless functions can not only be replayed, but they can also be used to choreograph call chains or driven using orchestration. Kafka also means you can democratize and organize FaaS environments in a way that scales across the enterprise. Underpinning this mantra is the use of Cloud Events by the CNCF serverless working group (of which Confluent is an active member).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)