Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Kubernetes Operators are the next phase of the journey towards automating complex applications in containers. Many Operators that exist today handle initial deployment, but they don’t provide automation for tasks like binary upgrades, configuration updates, and failure recovery. Implementing a production-grade controller for a complex workload typically requires thousands of lines of code and many months of development.
In DC/OS, the DC/OS commons SDK enables anyone to build service automation for DC/OS using just a declarative spec in most cases. The Kudo project can now leverage this set of automation expertise to enable automated creation of operators for Kubernetes. In this session, Matt will introduce the Kudo project, explore the conceptual similarities between Mesos frameworks and Kubernetes operators, and demo the creation of a Kubernetes operator using Kudo.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- From Batch to Pipelines - Why Apache Mesos And DC/OS Are A Solution For Emerging Patterns In Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 22nd - 25th March 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Kubernetes Operators The Easy Way
Matt Jarvis is Senior Director of Community and Evangelism at Mesosphere, engaging with the communities around DC/OS and Mesos. Matt has spent more than 15 years building products and services around open source software, on everything from embedded devices to large scale distributed systems. Most recently he has been focused on the open cloud infrastructure space, and in emerging patterns for cloud native applications. Matt is a regular speaker at conferences and meetups worldwide including MesosCon, Open Source Data Centre, Open Infrastructure Summit and IT Next Summit.