Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
However, it is not exactly that straight forward and in this session you will discover the development of Elastic's container strategy over time:
- Docker images: A new distribution model.
- Docker Compose: Local demos and a little more.
- Helm Chart: Going from demo to production.
- Kubernetes Operator: Full control with upgrades, scaling,...
Besides the strategy, you will also explore specific technical details and hurdles that appeared during the development. Or why the future will be a combination of Helm Chart and Operator (for now).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Make Your Data FABulous (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 3rd - 6th October 2022)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Cloud Security Beyond Technology – Organizational Challenges on the Way to Cloud Native (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
From Containers to Kubernetes Operators
Philipp lives to demo interesting technology. Having worked as a web, infrastructure, and database engineer for over ten years, Philipp is now working as a developer advocate at Elastic — the company behind the Elastic Stack consisting of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. Based in Vienna, Austria, he is constantly traveling Europe and beyond to speak and discuss open source software, search, databases, infrastructure, and security.