Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Containers are the new ZIP format to cloud native applications" is a fitting description of today's world.
However, it is not exactly that straight forward and in this session you will discover the development of Elastic's container strategy over time:
- Docker images: A new distribution model.
- Docker Compose: Local demos and a little more.
- Helm Chart: Going from demo to production.
- Kubernetes Operator: Full control with upgrades, scaling,...
Besides the strategy, you will also explore specific technical details and hurdles that appeared during the development. Or why the future will be a combination of Helm Chart and Operator (for now).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Make Your Data FABulous (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
From Containers to Kubernetes Operators
Philipp lives to demo interesting technology. Having worked as a web, infrastructure, and database engineer for over ten years, Philipp is now working as a developer advocate at Elastic — the company behind the Elastic Stack consisting of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. Based in Vienna, Austria, he is constantly traveling Europe and beyond to speak and discuss open source software, search, databases, infrastructure, and security.