The Twelve Factor methodology is a checklist to make your web applications more portable and resilient when deployed. How does it apply to Symfony? I’ll be suggesting bundles, configuration options, and approaches to coding to help you get a perfect 12 out of 12.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What's new in PHP 7 and what to expect in PHP 7.1 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2016)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
The Twelve Factor Symfony App
Dan Blows is the Head of Solution Architecture at Hyperion X. He's been working with PHP since v4, and started using Symfony v1.2 in 2008. He's already upgraded three large codebases from PHP 5 to PHP 7, including one from v5.3. After building a pension calculator he realised that he needs to give talks at conferences if he's going to eat after he retires.