Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The world of virtual reality allows you to build new 3D interactive spaces that you can fill with anything you want - like the art of the great Renaissance masters. More into Cubism? With a quick click - now the gallery is full of a completely different genre. With new AR features, you can actually build the gallery in your own space - and just as easily swap out the art - all in your browser! In this talk, Doug will share with you the steps to build a virtual ARt gallery, with web technology available today, but also take a peek at the new WebXR technology that is coming to your browsers soon!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast and Beautiful: Modern Image Delivery Techniques (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- RS232 Board for the Pi (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Building an ARt Gallery in the Browser
Doug is is a freelance mobile performance expert, having helped thousands of developers speed up their mobile apps and websites. A Google Developer Expert and the author of O’Reilly’s “High Performance Android Apps,” Doug has spoken at developer conferences in the US and Europe, and blogs regularly at dougsillars.com. He is currently working as a freelance digital nomad, traveling with his family in Europe.