Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
When it comes to writing code, there’s nothing you take more serious than authentication and security. Modern single page applications bring along new challenges. By using solutions like the OpenID Connect protocol and JSON Web Tokens you can improve the user experience when authenticating with your apps, providing a seamless authentication process. In this talk Sam will be sharing in depth the way JSON Web Tokens work and can be used to secure your single page apps. Sam will also explore the difference between using opaque tokens and JWTs. The talks will also give an overview of a modern authentication flow and a step by step breakdown of how it works exactly. No specific previous knowledge is required, but it helps if you have some experience with authenticating users.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Passwords are so 1990 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Knock knock, who's there? Authenticating your single page apps using JSON Web Tokens
Sam is a Google Developer Expert who works as a Developer Evangelist at Auth0. At Auth0 they're trying to make authentication and identification as easy as possible, while still keeping it secure.