Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
How many times have someone told you:
- Stop being emotional!?
- Act like a professional?
- Feelings do not belong at work?
Some people seem to be two different people at work and outside work; different identities and definitely different feelings. In fact feelings only exist in one of the roles.
Gitte believes this perception of what professionalism is, and the splitting of people is damaging to them. And it is damaging the industry.
Companies and individuals need to realise that being professional does not mean being inhuman. In fact humanity is a great asset at work as well as in life, and there is a need for more workplaces where it is safe to be a whole human and not just a part.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Ceci N’est Pas Un Scrum (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 5th - 8th June 2023)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 26th - 28th June 2023)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Bringing Humanity Back to the Workplace
Gitte Klitgaard is an agile coach with more than a decade of experience working for companies as well as coaching individuals.
She lives and loves agile, and hates turf wars, which is why she took the oath of non-allegiance. Why fight over methods, when we can use that energy to help people?
Gitte wants to change the world by helping people work better together and feel better about themselves. She is known for speaking her mind in a way that helps people actually listen to what she says; maybe because her main working tools are listening and caring.
As an active part of the agile community, Gitte often engages in discussion online and offline, and is part of the organiser team of German Agile Coach Camp as well as a facilitator at other events.