Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Artem will aim to help listeners build a basic understanding of linking by means of examples, give an overview of the GHC's linker code, and describe current challenges and possible improvements.
A level of familiarity with C and ASM is helpful, but not required.
This is a follow-up to some work Artem has done around RTS linker in GHC: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/348/diffs
Related materials can also be found in this blog post
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Haskell Fundamentals (2-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 5th - 6th July 2021)
- Haskell Fundamentals (4-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 8th - 11th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Theorems for Free (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Comparing Strict and Lazy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
GHC Runtime Linker by Example
Artem Pianykh is a Software Engineer at a large technology company. Before joining that company he spent several years doing data science, machine learning, and startups until discovered his passion for functional programming and compilers. He is one of the top contributors to Scalaz ZIO and a modest contributor to GHC.