Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In mentoring/coaching CTOs and other tech leaders, one repeated phenomenon Hywel has seen is that people know they need to have a difficult conversation with other people they work with, but then shy away from having the difficult conversation for a variety of reasons.
This talk is a series of patterns you can use for preparing for, and having, difficult conversations with the people you work with to resolve problems and conflicts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Qureshi (Online Course on 7th - 9th September 2020)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 13th - 16th October 2020)
- Essential Techniques for Leading Software Teams in the Work From Home Era (Online Meetup on 13th August 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Software Modernisation: A Strategic Approach (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Lightning Talk: Design Patterns for Difficult Conversations
Hywel is the founder of Skiller Whale which helps companies get the most from their tech teams through targeted hands-on training. He also organises Tech Leader Dinners. He likes working with humans, but also computers, machine learning, startups and funk music.