Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Getting started with Test Driven Development (TDD) and more importantly doing it well can be very challenging. It requires a different mindset and approach to writing and developing code. However, once in that mindset, it is very difficult not to write tests first.
But why bother writing tests first?
In this session, Layla will go through the reasons for writing tests before coding, look at architecture and design principles, such as SOLID and see how it all comes together to create a more testable and maintainable application.
She will show you how to get better at writing tests first with practical examples on how to reprogram a T800 series Terminator so you can start using TDD in your own applications (or killer robots from the future).
Hasta La Vista badly-written code!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Don Syme: What’s new in F# 5.0 and 6.0? (in London on 17th November 2021)
- Why Every Day as a Developer Would Be Easier with F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
TDD and the Terminator - A Guide to Better Test Driven Development
Layla is a Developer Advocate at VMware serving the .NET community. She is a Live Coder on Twitch, a Microsoft MVP, A GitHub Star, a director on the board of the .NET Foundation, and co-organiser of MK .NET user group. Layla loves sharing knowledge whilst having fun. No question is stupid and beginners are always welcome.