A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This is a hands on workshop to learn how to fully test your app, focusing on the view part of the architecture without using instrumentation. In this session, Jorge will share a simple but well-architected application using Android Architecture Components. Then, he will use Robolectric, ActivityScenario and FragmentScenario for writing the tests with you. You will discover how good architecture helps to test, but not from a theoretical perspective, but by actually writing unit tests for the different pieces of the application. This is an important first step towards achieving real continuous integration and improving the quality of your apps.
- Please bring your laptop with the latest Android Studio installed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- Architecting Alive Apps (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Practical Property Testing (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Workshop: Unit Test Your Views - Part 2
Jorge is a freelancer dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. He started his work as a developer at M.I.T. in 1993 and since has collaborated in numerous software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He is an instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the USA and Europe, and has spoken at some of the world's most renowned conferences about topics relating to mobile app architecture and best practices (and occasionally about Go and Raspberry Pis).