Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You’ve heard of LAMP, JAM, and MEAN, but what is the PLONK stack? And why should you be considering it for your Cloud Native Applications? How is Serverless 2.0 with the PLONK stack any different from its previous incarnations and how could it benefit you? In this talk, Alex will introduce you to the PLONK stack – Prometheus, Linkerd2, OpenFaaS, NATS, and Kubernetes – that combines five of the most popular technologies from the Cloud Native landscape to form a complete PaaS / FaaS solution on Kubernetes. You’ll learn how each project in the stack can be used and what kind of results you can expect when you combine them together as a complete platform with real use-cases. So come and find out how BT, LivePerson, Vision Banco are using this stack in production and why you should be considering it too. You will also receive pointers on how to get started.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- FaaS and Furious - 0 to Serverless in 60 seconds, anywhere (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Serverless 2.0: Get Started With The PLONK Stack
Alex is a respected expert on serverless and cloud native computing. He founded OpenFaaS, one of the most popular open-source serverless projects, where he has built the community via writing, speaking, and extensive personal engagement. As a consultant and CNCF Ambassador, he helps companies around the world build great developer experiences and navigate the cloud native landscape.