Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You’ve heard of LAMP, JAM, and MEAN, but what is the PLONK stack? And why should you be considering it for your Cloud Native Applications? How is Serverless 2.0 with the PLONK stack any different from its previous incarnations and how could it benefit you? In this talk, Alex will introduce you to the PLONK stack – Prometheus, Linkerd2, OpenFaaS, NATS, and Kubernetes – that combines five of the most popular technologies from the Cloud Native landscape to form a complete PaaS / FaaS solution on Kubernetes. You’ll learn how each project in the stack can be used and what kind of results you can expect when you combine them together as a complete platform with real use-cases. So come and find out how BT, LivePerson, Vision Banco are using this stack in production and why you should be considering it too. You will also receive pointers on how to get started.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- FaaS and Furious - 0 to Serverless in 60 seconds, anywhere (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 28th - 29th November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- CloudNative London 2020 (in London on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Build run and manage composite apps on Kubernetes with Cellery (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Your Kernel and You - How cgroups make containers possible (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Serverless 2.0: Get Started With The PLONK Stack
Alex is a respected expert on serverless and cloud native computing. He founded OpenFaaS, one of the most popular open-source serverless projects, where he has built the community via writing, speaking, and extensive personal engagement. As a consultant and CNCF Ambassador, he helps companies around the world build great developer experiences and navigate the cloud native landscape.