Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk is the journey of Maria's first year as an engineering manager. Self-doubt and self-care are the two sides of the same coin she's been toying with during this journey. For each side, she will have a closer look to its core, answering the three how’s; how it gets triggered, how it manifests, and how it impacts the engineering manager’s ultimate goal; to build highly performant teams.
With this talk, expect to view people management with the fresh eyes of someone who's new to a country. What kind of knowledge is it taken for granted over the years from 'locals'? What learnings are they still valuable regardless of one's experience?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- YOW! Perth 2021 (in Perth on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things (in Online Event on 15th September 2021)
- Agility Despite Scale with Organigram Adaptif (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Being Agile Without Agile Coaches at OVO Energy (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Exploring the World of Engineering Management
Maria is an Engineering Manager at Monzo, supporting engineers to grow into being their best selves. Before Monzo, Maria spent five years experimenting with different career paths; from engineering to building and failing startups. Empowering people to have greater impact has been her ultimate reward, so she decided to do that full time.