A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Join us for an evening of hands-on DDD modelling in the domain of loyalty. Working in small teams of up to four, from an initial set of requirements and with domain experts available at all times you will design a system: the bounded contexts, the domain flows, technology choices, and other architectural details.
Throughout the meetup you can enjoy drinks and refreshments at your leisure. However...
Don’t expect an easy ride. With whimsical stakeholders and a competitive market, requirements and product vision may (they definitely will) change at any time. Are you up for the challenge of designing and evolving your system?
There is no strict format to the session. Before the workshop begins we will look at a few of the techniques you can use to model domains including context maps, Domain Storytelling, The Bounded Context Canvas, and C4 Software Architecture. But in your teams, you will have total freedom to design the system however you want using whichever tools and techniques you prefer.
During the workshop there will be short breaks, both to get some fresh air and to take a step back on the challenge, comparing the designs and processes of each team. Maybe we will invent some new DDD modelling techniques.
More About the Domain
You are working for a fast-casual restaurant chain called “Foodanic” serving organic meals and beverages. Your core customers are office workers grabbing a cup of coffee when getting to the office and having a quick lunch to go or eat in during the noon break.
Unfortunately the company's value proposition of serving high quality and healthy food isn’t enough. More and more competitors are offering organic food in the same price range and customers attracted by other options choose alternatives.
In order to increase the consumer retention your company decided to introduce a loyalty program. Goal is to encourage customers to come back more often and reward them for it with number of redemption options.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- What an Architect Can Learn from Retrospective Failures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Hands-on Strategic DDD Modelling & Architecture Kata: Loyalty Domain
Nick is a technical leader, author, speaker and trainer. He helps If you need help building autonomous teams, modelling complex domains, consulting, training, or public speaking.He has a passion for delighting users, creating business impacts, crafting quality software, and building world-class engineering teams.
Kacper Gunia is an independent Software Architect, Trainer and Consultant with 10 years of experience in the industry. He is passionate about delivering value by creating software that is aligned with the business as well as by enabling teams to be successful & productive with Domain-Driven Design and other methodologies. Kacper worked with clients including Starbucks, Time Inc, GFT, EPAM, Sportradar & Government agencies. In his spare time, he runs Domain-Driven Design London meetup.