A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Throughout the meetup you can enjoy drinks and refreshments at your leisure. However...
Don’t expect an easy ride. With whimsical stakeholders and a competitive market, requirements and product vision may (they definitely will) change at any time. Are you up for the challenge of designing and evolving your system?
There is no strict format to the session. Before the workshop begins we will look at a few of the techniques you can use to model domains including context maps, Domain Storytelling, The Bounded Context Canvas, and C4 Software Architecture. But in your teams, you will have total freedom to design the system however you want using whichever tools and techniques you prefer.
During the workshop there will be short breaks, both to get some fresh air and to take a step back on the challenge, comparing the designs and processes of each team. Maybe we will invent some new DDD modelling techniques.
More About the Domain
You are working for a fast-casual restaurant chain called “Foodanic” serving organic meals and beverages. Your core customers are office workers grabbing a cup of coffee when getting to the office and having a quick lunch to go or eat in during the noon break.
Unfortunately the company's value proposition of serving high quality and healthy food isn’t enough. More and more competitors are offering organic food in the same price range and customers attracted by other options choose alternatives.
In order to increase the consumer retention your company decided to introduce a loyalty program. Goal is to encourage customers to come back more often and reward them for it with number of redemption options.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- EventStorming Remote Modeling Workshop with Alberto Brandolini (Online Course on 16th - 19th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture: Principles and Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- The Lost Art of Software Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Hands-on Strategic DDD Modelling & Architecture Kata: Loyalty Domain
Nick is a technical leader, author, speaker and trainer. He helps If you need help building autonomous teams, modelling complex domains, consulting, training, or public speaking.He has a passion for delighting users, creating business impacts, crafting quality software, and building world-class engineering teams.
Kacper Gunia is an independent Software Architect, Trainer and Consultant with 10 years of experience in the industry. He is passionate about delivering value by creating software that is aligned with the business as well as by enabling teams to be successful & productive with Domain-Driven Design and other methodologies. Kacper worked with clients including Starbucks, Time Inc, GFT, EPAM, Sportradar & Government agencies. In his spare time, he runs Domain-Driven Design London meetup.