Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this Cloud-Native era, it is difficult not to have heard about Kubernetes (k8s). Social media are flooded with technical articles on Kubernes and it is a popular topic at many cloud-related conferences. Major internet companies, such as Reddit or AirBnQ, have been switching their production environment to k8s. But why the fuss? What exactly is Kubernetes? What problem does it solve? Should you learn more about it? If you have asked yourself one of these questions this talk is for you.
During this talk you will:
- Understand the context and problem k8s is trying to solve
- Learn the basic building blocks and features of k8s
- Receive a list of resources to start your own journey with k8s
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK