Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this Cloud-Native era, it is difficult not to have heard about Kubernetes (k8s). Social media are flooded with technical articles on Kubernes and it is a popular topic at many cloud-related conferences. Major internet companies, such as Reddit or AirBnQ, have been switching their production environment to k8s. But why the fuss? What exactly is Kubernetes? What problem does it solve? Should you learn more about it? If you have asked yourself one of these questions this talk is for you.
During this talk you will:
- Understand the context and problem k8s is trying to solve
- Learn the basic building blocks and features of k8s
- Receive a list of resources to start your own journey with k8s
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Cloud Ready JVM with Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes
César is the Head of Engineering of a growing startup and works with all aspects of software development including Infrastructure, DevOps, design, backend, and frontend. César is particularly interested in the theoretical foundations of Functional Programming and is passionate in his endeavor to convince the Java community to embrace FP beyond lambdas. He regularly speaks at London Meetups, occasionally gives talks at major conferences, such as DevoxxUK, mostly on the adoption of functional programming and Kubernetes. In his spare time he co-organises Devoxx4Kids UK