Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
They embedded the customers into the programme, co-located the teams and removed unnecessary layers of governance to enable quick decision making. The programme was a success and therefore it was decided to run the whole IT change department, in the same way, going forward. They waved goodbye to “projects” and said hello to living backlogs prioritised by the customers themselves! It sounded so easy but they then realised they had a lot of work to do! For example, they had to:
- Decide whether to implement a known scaled Agile framework or whether to take various pieces from those out there to form their own - Process
- Find Product Owners and convince the customers to empower them to make decisions – People & Process
- Form new cross-functional teams & inspire them to feel positive about the change - People
- Start focusing on the value of what they were to deliver to the customers - Product
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- YOW! Perth 2021 (in Perth on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things (in Online Event on 15th September 2021)
- Agility Despite Scale with Organigram Adaptif (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Being Agile Without Agile Coaches at OVO Energy (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
How Focusing on the 3 Ps Helped us to Successfully Scale Agile at M&G
Sarah is the Front Office Capability Owner at M&G which is our version of a Product Owner. Sarah joined the company as a Graduate Business Analyst 13 years ago and throughout her time at M&G Prudential she has worked across different departments in various roles which have largely involved supporting the Front Office users. She previously worked on and sponsored projects that were delivered in a waterfall style, but has been a champion of and played a key part in transforming the Investment IT department to scale Agile practises.
Rebecca is a Scrum Master for two delivery teams at M&G in the Investment IT department. She joined M&G on the Graduate programme 13 years ago and have largely worked as a Business/Systems Analysts on many projects and programmes of work before becoming a Scrum Master.