On average we spend more time planning our annual holiday than we do our life goals.
Most of us know what SMART goals are, but how much time do you spend crafting your goals and nurturing them in a way that allows you to stay focused on achieving them? Setting goals and creating a plan as to how you will achieve them including milestones, markers and an accountability partner to help you along the way, is a definitive way to ensure you achieve your desired outcome.
What about your values, how often do you pay close attention to your values, what’s important to you and your motivation for achieving your goals? The combination of setting your goal and achieving it in line with your values is one of the most powerful experiences an individual can have.
In this interactive session Rosemarie Wilson, Mindset and Leadership Development Coach explores the power of goal-setting and guides you to identify your core values, so you can combine the two and experience an even greater sense of purpose and fulfilment.
This SkillsCast covers:
- What is a SMART Goal?
- What exactly are values?
- What is a value based goal?
- How to identify your why and motivational factors
- How to align your success with your values
- The Importance of an Accountability Partner
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Valuing ‘Individuals and Interactions’ (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 22nd - 25th November 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Leadership eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 27th January 2022)
- An Evening with TimClicks (Online Meetup on 28th September 2021)
- Personal SLAs: How to Maintain Balance at Work (Online Meetup on 30th September 2021)
- Intersectional Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things; Agile Helps Us To Build Things RIGHT (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
How to Set Goals in Alignment with Your Values
Rosemarie Wilson is a Mindset Coach, International Speaker, Mentor and Founder of Pragmatica Coaching, a coaching and training company.
In her role she works with mid and senior level female professionals to help nurture their talent, thrive in their role or take the next step in their career. She also works with organisations who are committed to investing in and retaining talent, whilst supporting an organisational culture of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.