In the talk, Peter will describe the nuts-and-bolts of Apache Druid (incubating), an OLAP-optimised data store that delivers statistical calculations at sub-second speeds, and then signpost real-world use cases that explain why Druid is an essential component of your real-time data pipeline.
6:30pm - 7:00pm - ODSC Intro, Pizza & Refreshments
7:00pm - 7:50pm - Talk
7:50pm - 8:00pm - Q&A
8:00pm - 8:30pm - Networking
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Workshop on 12th - 15th September 2022)
- Improving Software Quality through Data with Markus Harrer (Online Workshop on 14th - 15th November 2022)
- E106 - CLASSIC - Steve Nouri - On Growth and Branding for AI Professionals (Online Meetup on 26th June 2022)
- Getting Geospatial Data on The Web (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Deep Learning with F#: An Experience Report (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Apache Druid: the fast, real-time, open-source analytics data store
Peter leads the Field Engineering services for Europe at Imply, founded by the original developers of Druid. Peter has 20 years of enterprise architecture experience covering CRM, EDRM, ERP, EIP, Digital Services, Security, BI, Analytics, and MDM. He is TOGAF certified and has a BA (hons) degree in Theology (!) and Computer Studies from the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.