Built with concepts from Amazon and Google, used by Facebook, Cassandra is another prominent utility in the big data toolkit.In this Cassandra and EC2 talk, we will go over the current distributed database scene, draw comparisons between the relational and NoSQL models, and we'll see Cassandra at work on Amazon EC2.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Running Memcached clusters on Amazon EC2 - part 1 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2010)
- Fast Track to AWS Fundamentals (in London on 11th - 13th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Your Kernel and You - How cgroups make containers possible (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Digital transformation through GitOps and Infrastructure as Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Cassandra - running distributed databases on EC2
Daniel Sikar develops data acquisition processes using interpreted and compiled languages for both internet and scientific instrumentation.