Built with concepts from Amazon and Google, used by Facebook, Cassandra is another prominent utility in the big data toolkit.In this Cassandra and EC2 talk, we will go over the current distributed database scene, draw comparisons between the relational and NoSQL models, and we'll see Cassandra at work on Amazon EC2.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Running Memcached clusters on Amazon EC2 - part 1 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2010)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Cassandra - running distributed databases on EC2
Daniel Sikar develops data acquisition processes using interpreted and compiled languages for both internet and scientific instrumentation.