Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this Lightning Talk Pierre will share with you how they learnt on how relying on a global discovery can leverage new ways of uncoupling infrastructure from code. They call this Inversion of control: all the organization can now push and retrieve semantics to create new services easily:
Automatic weighted Load-Balancing
New cross-applications features
This new way of creating semantics free the SRE as well as the whole company from tools and allow the whole organization be be more agile and innovative.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 10th - 13th October 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 29th - 30th November 2022)
- Typescript Beyond the Stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- Typescript beyond the stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Lightning Talk: Discovery, Consul and Inversion of Control for the infrastructure
Pierre Souchay started in development and software architecture. He founded a company of audio/video encoders before joining a public cloud company as the main software architect. He is now working on building new architecture for infrastructure and leading a team responsible for Consul at Criteo, a large Consul user with more than 250k services on 35k nodes. Pierre is also the author of consul-templaterb, a high-performance templating program similar to consul-template, and is a maintainer of diplomat, a ruby gem to interact with Consul in Ruby. Pierre and his team are also significant contributors to Consul, working hard to improve its performance and scalability.