How do we insure the AI systems we design have clear intent in mind whilst providing consistent value to users and being mindful of ethical considerations? Some of the Systems AI team will cover design thinking and prototyping approaches taken when beginning to design an AI system alongside a range of our favourite examples across industry, research and arts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Designing trust and transparency using AI (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- Digital Discrimination: Cognitive Bias in Machine Learning (in Online Event on 4th June 2020)
- The Secrets of the GHC Garbage Collector (in Online Event on 11th June 2020)
- Using A.I. to Help Humanitarian Causes (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
- Emergent Behaviour in Insects (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Designing AI Systems - An Introduction
Machine Learning Engineer, Python fanboy.
Sean Greaves is a Technical Specialist within the IBM UK Systems AI team in London. He focuses on applications of PowerAI and building the IBM AI community. He has gained experience working as a Creative Technologist in Berlin and studied Mechanical Engineering and Design Informatics in Edinburgh. He loves exploring intersections of technology and art and has presented work at Museum of Modern Art NYC and TU Delft.