In this talk, Soledad Galli will tell us about her journey into Data Science and discuss the steps and challenges involved in putting a machine learning model into production. She will describe how we can set up an effective and reproducible machine learning pipeline, highlight the challenges to obtaining reproducible models.
Motivation of this talk:
Deployment of machine learning models, or simply, putting models into production, means making our models available to other systems of our organisation. By deploying models, other systems can send data to them and get their predictions, which are in turn populated back into the organisation software and applications. Through machine learning model deployment, we can begin to take full advantage of the models we built.
When we think about data science, we think about how to build machine learning models, about which algorithm is more predictive, how to engineer the variables or which variables we should use to make the models more accurate. But, how to actually consume those models is often overlooked at the time of design. And yet this is the most important step in the machine learning pipeline.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Reinforcement Learning Journal Club (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Porcupine: Flows Your Rows with Arrows (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Building and Deploying Reproducible ML Pipelines
Soledad is a Lead Data Scientist with experience in Finance and Insurance, and a Udemy instructor of machine learning courses. Soledad has 3+ years of experience in data science and analytics in finance and insurance, and 10+ years of experience in scientific research in academia. While working in finance and insurance, Sole Researched, developed and put into production machine learning models for insurance motor Claims, to assess Credit Risk and to prevent Fraud.