Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
No doubt you have heard of Flutter... perhaps you have given it a go, and not found it quite as intuitive as you want. Simon will share his experience of Android and Flutter so that you could reach the next level in mobile development. You'll learn what Flutter is and how it works under the hood from an Android developers perspective. How it connects with Android, and discover why it is not as far-fetched as what you might first expect. He'll take you through examples of how you achieve common app developers patterns with Dart and Flutter.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- iOS Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 1st - 3rd March 2021)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- The Sonic Contender (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Flutter for the Discerning Android Developer
Simon is a veteran Android developer going all the way back to the days of the original G1. His Android experience ranges from large corporations such as the BBC all the way to nimble startups. In October of 2017 he came across Flutter and was so impressed with the technology he has been working exclusively in Flutter ever since. Today, Simon is a co-founder of the Flutter Study Group and Flutter Community Medium publication, co-hosts a weekly live help program called #HumpDayQandA and is helping to grow the Flutter London Meetup group with George Medve.