Crystal is a Ruby inspired language that offers type safety and a minimal runtime. In this talk we'll look into Crystal's concurrency model, Communicating Sequential Processes, and how it shapes the way we write concurrent applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Better scripting with Crystal (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Ben Evans' Deep within the JVM (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Using software engineering practices to improve engineering management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- How to stop worrying, love the SPA and appreciate Rails (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Concurrency in Crystal
With a background in computational mathematics, Lorenzo moved to London three years ago to take part in the most fashionable tech industry of the continent. When he is not practicing his Scala skills at Ocado, he can be seen eating pizza at a tech meetup or enjoying some underground gig in north London.