Mike is the creator of Agendashift and the author of the books Kanban from the Inside and Agendashift. Mike will talk to us about his latest book, Right to Left, available now (link below) Mike offers a refreshing perspective about the transformation efforts that many enterprises are embarking on. Many transformations have focused on normalising the implementation of “agile processes” across the enterprise. Everybody aims to diligently work from “left-to-right”. Line up the work, elaborate the details, and push the tickets from to-do to done. But has this achieved agility? Has this even succeeded at improving the flow of the work? Many enterprises are plateauing in their progress and closer Scrum adherence is not going to achieve very much more. Better agility comes from people working from “right-to-left”, everybody understanding and aligning on outcomes and then collaboratively working on achieving them. Mike will take us through what a “right-to-left” organisation look like and how enterprises can move to the next stage. We’ll also do a small workshop with the attendees to get a sense of where the industry is at.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Agendashift survey as a way of sensing an operation and its agility (SkillsCast recorded in May 2018)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 13th - 16th October 2020)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Lean Code: How to Code Efficiently (Online Meetup on 22nd October 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Essential Techniques for Leading Software Teams in the Work From Home Era (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility
Mike is founder of Agendashift and the author of Kanban from the Inside (2014, Blue Hole Press) and Agendashift book. Mike works as a consultant, coach, trainer, and interim manager. Mike created Featureban simulation game and was the originator of Kanban's values model. Former Executive Director and global development manager at a top-tier investment bank, IT Director at a late-stage startup, and 2014 winner of the Brickell Key community contribution award.