When something's wrong with a container running on Kubernetes, there are many tools that we can use to investigate. We're going to see some of these tools, including an alpha feature of Kubernetes: "Ephemeral containers". We will see what these ephemeral containers are and how to use them. Since they're an alpha feature, we'll also see how to enable alpha features by the means of feature gates.
THERE WILL BE DEMOS.
Jérôme's slides for this talk are also available here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2020)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug"
Jérôme was part of the team that built, scaled, and operated the dotCloud PAAS, before it became Docker. He worked seven years at the famous container company, wearing various hats. When he's not busy with computers, he collects musical instruments. He can arguably play the theme of Zelda on a dozen of them.