When something's wrong with a container running on Kubernetes, there are many tools that we can use to investigate. We're going to see some of these tools, including an alpha feature of Kubernetes: "Ephemeral containers". We will see what these ephemeral containers are and how to use them. Since they're an alpha feature, we'll also see how to enable alpha features by the means of feature gates.
THERE WILL BE DEMOS.
Jérôme's slides for this talk are also available here.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 22nd September 2021)
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug"
Jérôme was part of the team that built, scaled, and operated the dotCloud PAAS, before it became Docker. He worked seven years at the famous container company, wearing various hats. When he's not busy with computers, he collects musical instruments. He can arguably play the theme of Zelda on a dozen of them.