While most people are still using Java 8 from six years ago, new versions of the language are being released every six months! This talk introduces some of the new features of Java 9 – 14 and provides examples of how these features can be used for test automation.
The latest Java versions provide an abundance of new features, such as functional programming capabilities, switch expressions, local variable type inference, additions to the Stream API, new factory methods for Collections, text blocks and much more.
With so much content, your Java upgrade should be more than simply the update of a jar file. Your test code no longer has to be as verbose as it once was — this means less code to write and maintain!
- Introduction of new features in the latest 6 releases of Java (Java 9 – 14)
- Examples of how the features can be used for test automation projects
- Greater command of the programming language
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba's Java Diagnostic Tool (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Building a Cloud Ready Application with Quarkus (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Test Automation Beyond Java 8
Angie Jones is a Senior Developer Advocate who specializes in test automation strategies and techniques. She shares her wealth of knowledge by speaking and teaching at software conferences all over the world, as well as and leading the online learning platform, Test Automation University. As a Master Inventor, Angie is known for her innovative and out-of-the-box thinking style which has resulted in more than 25 patented inventions in the US and China. In her spare time, Angie volunteers with Black Girls Code to teach coding workshops to young girls in an effort to attract more women and minorities to tech.