SkillsCast coming soon.
Implementing responsive and high-performance applications is a challenge that we face in our programming life. It’s interesting to deeply study concurrency and parallelism on the JVM. In this talk we will learn how to describe parallel tasks and the idea behind Scala Futures and the execution context. We'll also look at how to deal with mutable states in concurrent programs in JVM using a Scala library called ZIO.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (Online Meetup on 22nd April 2021)
- Prepare for What "Looms" Ahead (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Process Automation in Cloud-Native Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Concurrency on the JVM using Scala
Wiem Zine Elabidine is a software engineer at MOIA, Hamburg. She writes Scala, contributes to a Scala open source project called ZIO and is enthusiastic about Functional programming.