Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Mathematical Planning (MP) is the science of caring for people. It focuses on answering the question, “Given a quantifiable goal, constraints to be obeyed, and decisions to be made, what is the best plan?” Every organization is answering this question every day. Everything hinges on whether we can continually identify the best course of action. Mathematical Planning is an underutilized technology and I am on a mission to inform and empower developers to use it.
Mathematical Planning has been slowly coming into the mainstream and there are now libraries in most programming languages. Python has PuLP and Gurobi, C# has OPTANO, and F# has Flips. I will show that F#’s unique set of features make it the ideal tool for performing Mathematical Planning. These features include the functional-first nature, the algebraic types, and Units of Measure. I will show the power of Mathematical Planning and how F# addresses many of the pain points found in other languages when developing real-world Mathematical Planning models.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Lightning Talk: F#: The Best Tool for the Hardest Problems
Matthew Crews is a Machine Learning Engineer who focuses on the intersection of Mathematical Optimization and Predictive Models. He loves to teach and build tools to make it easier for developers to harness the power of Mathematical Optimization.