Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
After exposing a background of generating API bindings for the multicloud services, we use this case study to present our rules of thumb for agile data analytics development.
Michał presents examples with Haskell code and shows how best practices of functional programming solve practical problems of data analytics case-by-case. All cases are naturally motivated and embedded in this case study, but are illustrated with a short Haskell code sample.
The material is aimed at intermediate and expert Haskellers that want to reuse our techniques for other data analytics pipelines, or beginners who want to quickly learn the best monad to use when analysing thousands and millions of records on the input.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Making and Testing Code Generators in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Haskell Fundamentals (2-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 5th - 6th July 2021)
- Haskell Fundamentals (4-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 8th - 11th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Theorems for Free (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Comparing Strict and Lazy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
Agile Functional Data Pipeline in Haskell: A Case Study of Multicloud API Binding
Michał got PhD in structural bioinformatics pipelines, and after two postdocs in top research facilities moved on to use his expertise of data analysis platforms in commerce. After a stint in a bank, and fintech startup, he founded his own company.