Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk discusses how to implement proper property testing in Haskell. It moves way beyond the classic toy examples and examined real-world scenarios. It takes a deep-dive into how to make property tests interact with web services or database systems. It also explains how to use custom generators and testing combinators. Other topics discussed are as follows:
- Testing with Databases
- Testing with Services
- Writing Custom Generators
- Using Testing Combinators
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Signature inference for functional property discovery (SkillsCast recorded in May 2018)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Novice Track (Online Conference on 15th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021: Pro Track (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- TPP: From Dumb, to Specific, to Generic (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Practical Property Testing
Tom Sydney Kerckhove recently graduated from ETH Zurich. Originally from Belgium, he traveled between London and Zurich to gather professional experience. He has used Haskell as a hobbyist for years, and recently obtained professonal experience as well.