Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many say: "Microservices are small REST services". But the technology choice for microservices is much bigger: Asynchronous microservices with Kafka or Atom feeds and integration at UI level are just as possible as REST in various variations, e.g. with Kubernetes and the service mesh Istio. This talk provides an overview of these approaches and when to use them.
Links to examples at GitHub and documentation will also be provided so you can actually start working with them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Organization - A Tool for Software Architects (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- Distributed Data Patterns for Microservices — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- Patterns for a Successful Cloud Native Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Technologies for Microservices
Eberhard Wolff has 15+ years of experience as an architect and consultant - often on the intersection of business and technology. He is a Fellow at INNOQ in Germany. As a speaker, he has given talks at international conferences and as an author, he has written more than 100 articles and books e.g. about Microservices, Technologies for Microservices, and Continuous Delivery. His technological focus is on modern architectures – often involving Cloud, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, or Microservices.