Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many say: "Microservices are small REST services". But the technology choice for microservices is much bigger: Asynchronous microservices with Kafka or Atom feeds and integration at UI level are just as possible as REST in various variations, e.g. with Kubernetes and the service mesh Istio. This talk provides an overview of these approaches and when to use them.
Links to examples at GitHub and documentation will also be provided so you can actually start working with them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th June 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- Network Automation and Tooling (Online Meetup on 29th April 2021)
- Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Real-world API Modularization with DDD and Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Technologies for Microservices
Eberhard Wolff has 15+ years of experience as an architect and consultant, often on the intersection of business and technology. He is a Fellow at INNOQ in Germany. As a speaker, he has given talks at international conferences and as an author, he has written more than 100 articles and books e.g. about Microservices and Continuous Delivery. His technological focus is on modern architectures – often involving Cloud, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, or Microservices.