Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Every organization has at least a phalanx or two in the “Cloud,” and it is understandably changing the way we architect our systems. But your application portfolio is full of “heritage” systems that hail from the time before everything was a service. Not all of those applications will make it to the valley beyond, how do you grapple with your legacy portfolio?
In this talk, you will learn:
- How to evaluate your legacy applications
- How to take those heritage systems to the Cloud
- What 12 Factors means for you
- Where it makes sense to use microservices
- What tools and services you’ll need to add to your repertoire
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 7th - 10th February 2022)
- Cloud Security Beyond Technology – Organizational Challenges on the Way to Cloud Native (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Evolving to Cloud Native
Nathaniel T. Schutta (Developer Advocate, VMware) is a software architect focused on cloud computing and building usable applications. A proponent of polyglot programming, Nate has written multiple books and appeared in various videos.