Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The adoption of CI/CD has automated the process of how DevOps teams build, test, and deliver software at rapid speeds and with high confidence. Although CI/CD platforms offer many benefits, in the attempt to make sophisticated pipelines, many teams run into the issue of “Pipeline Sprawl”. Pipeline sprawl makes it difficult for DevOps teams to identify and reuse common execution patterns which diminishes their ability to efficiently ship new code.
In this talk, Angel will discuss the common pain points associated with existing CI/CD platforms. The talk will pull in examples from his recent experience and conversations with DevOps teams from across the open source community, startups, and large enterprises. Attendees will learn technical strategies to develop optimized pipeline configurations and diminish potentially costly vendor-lock in.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 1st - 2nd June 2021)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th June 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- How to Simplify Parsing with Genie Dq (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- How I save myself 30+ minutes a day as a Network Engineer using Ansible (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
CI/CD Agility and Controlling Pipeline Sprawl
Angel Rivera started his career as an US Air Force Space Systems Operations specialist in Cape Canaveral AF Station where he realized his passion for technology and software development. He has extensive experience in the private, public and military sectors and his technical experience includes military/space lift operations, technical writing, software development, SRE/DevOPs engineering. He also has a wealth of experience in defense and federal sectors such as contracting, information systems security and management.