Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The adoption of CI/CD has automated the process of how DevOps teams build, test, and deliver software at rapid speeds and with high confidence. Although CI/CD platforms offer many benefits, in the attempt to make sophisticated pipelines, many teams run into the issue of “Pipeline Sprawl”. Pipeline sprawl makes it difficult for DevOps teams to identify and reuse common execution patterns which diminishes their ability to efficiently ship new code.
In this talk, Angel will discuss the common pain points associated with existing CI/CD platforms. The talk will pull in examples from his recent experience and conversations with DevOps teams from across the open source community, startups, and large enterprises. Attendees will learn technical strategies to develop optimized pipeline configurations and diminish potentially costly vendor-lock in.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 3rd - 6th October 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- How to Use Powerful Rituals for More Success (Online Meetup on 12th July 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- DevSecOps and the Fight Against Friction (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
CI/CD Agility and Controlling Pipeline Sprawl
Angel Rivera started his career as an US Air Force Space Systems Operations specialist in Cape Canaveral AF Station where he realized his passion for technology and software development. He has extensive experience in the private, public and military sectors and his technical experience includes military/space lift operations, technical writing, software development, SRE/DevOPs engineering. He also has a wealth of experience in defense and federal sectors such as contracting, information systems security and management.