Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We’re slicing and dicing systems into ever-shrinking pieces, from microservices to serverless functions, that should be reactive and event-driven. End-to-end processes now often require the integration of multiple components — but of course, without coupling them too tightly. In an e-commerce company, for example, a “customer order” might involve different services for payments, inventory, shipping, and more. I see many companies slicing up their core business processes in the pursuit of modern architectures and running into unanticipated challenges along the way.
This talk will foster your understanding of how (business) processes can generally be implemented and monitored. I will compare different approaches, from batches over streaming, to workflow engines. You will understand the impact on agility and what is different in modern architectures, as well as learning about choreography and orchestration.
Of course, you will also see concrete examples and live coding using Java, Spring Boot and Camunda.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Balancing Choreography and Orchestration (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Beyond Java 8 with Ben Evans (Online Workshop on 18th - 19th November 2022)
- iSAQB Software Architecture Gathering — Digital 2022 (Online Conference on 14th - 17th November 2022)
- Team Topology - Enablement mode (Online Meetup on 6th October 2022)
- E120 - Harjot Singh - Data Analytics at the Core of Digital Transformation (Online Meetup on 9th October 2022)
- From Model to Microservice - ML Deployments at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in September 2022)
- Uh, Does This Thing Actually Work? Modern Microservices Testing (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)