Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We’re slicing and dicing systems into ever-shrinking pieces, from microservices to serverless functions, that should be reactive and event-driven. End-to-end processes now often require the integration of multiple components — but of course, without coupling them too tightly. In an e-commerce company, for example, a “customer order” might involve different services for payments, inventory, shipping, and more. I see many companies slicing up their core business processes in the pursuit of modern architectures and running into unanticipated challenges along the way.
This talk will foster your understanding of how (business) processes can generally be implemented and monitored. I will compare different approaches, from batches over streaming, to workflow engines. You will understand the impact on agility and what is different in modern architectures, as well as learning about choreography and orchestration.
Of course, you will also see concrete examples and live coding using Java, Spring Boot and Camunda.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Balancing Choreography and Orchestration (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)