In this presentation, Matt Belcher, Principal Software Craftsperson at Codurance will explain the concepts behind Evolutionary Architecture. During the talk, you will learn about Appropriate Coupling, Incremental Change and Fitness Functions amongst others. You will also come away with an understanding of how to start building an Evolutionary Architecture, the engineering practices you’ll need and some pitfalls to watch out for along the way.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Modular Monoliths: How To Power Your Journey Using Continuous Delivery & Domain Modelling (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- DevSecOps: A Practitioner's Perspective (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
After completing his degree in Computer Science, Matt joined a medium-sized online travel company as a Systems Developer. During his time there he got the opportunity to work with a team of consultants on building the first Service-Oriented-Architecture within the company. That was Matt’s first experience working in an Agile manner and following XP practices.
From there, his passion for Agile practices and software craftsmanship grew and a year later he joined ThoughtWorks. During his 8 years there, Matt worked with a large number of clients across many locations, tech stacks, languages and technical architectures. He played numerous roles during his time from Software Developer to Technical Lead.
Matt is now a Principal Craftsperson at Codurance, a global software consultancy where he is passionate about helping Organisations improve their software delivery capabilities, whether it be through embedding good technical practices or establishing a clear technical vision.
In his spare time, Matt enjoys travelling, playing the guitar and keeping fit. He is also currently learning Vietnamese.