In this presentation, Matt Belcher, Principal Software Craftsperson at Codurance will explain the concepts behind Evolutionary Architecture. During the talk, you will learn about Appropriate Coupling, Incremental Change and Fitness Functions amongst others. You will also come away with an understanding of how to start building an Evolutionary Architecture, the engineering practices you’ll need and some pitfalls to watch out for along the way.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Rust from a Frontend Perspective (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Meeting Our First Production Need with Rust (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
After completing his degree in Computer Science, Matt joined a medium-sized online travel company as a Systems Developer. During his time there he got the opportunity to work with a team of consultants on building the first Service-Oriented-Architecture within the company. That was Matt’s first experience working in an Agile manner and following XP practices.
From there, his passion for Agile practices and software craftsmanship grew and a year later he joined ThoughtWorks. During his 8 years there, Matt worked with a large number of clients across many locations, tech stacks, languages and technical architectures. He played numerous roles during his time from Software Developer to Technical Lead.
Matt is now a Principal Craftsperson at Codurance, a global software consultancy where he is passionate about helping Organisations improve their software delivery capabilities, whether it be through embedding good technical practices or establishing a clear technical vision.
In his spare time, Matt enjoys travelling, playing the guitar and keeping fit. He is also currently learning Vietnamese.