You've found a Premium Feature!
Certain videos, events and workspaces require a Premium Membership. Become a Skills Matter Premium Member today to access exclusive benefits including free tickets to online conferences, Members-only events and discounts on training.Unlock this Video
The game for modern software development has moved on. We are no longer building systems that simply automate previously manual processes as we did at the beginning of the software revolution. Now we create new businesses, new industries. We revolutionize existing markets and create entirely new ones.
The organizations that succeed at this don't look the same — or operate in the same ways — as more conventional firms. They are different and approach software and the role that it plays in an organization differently.
So, what does "Digital Disruption" really mean for the organizations that practice it and how do they use speed and efficiency as a tool, rather than just a cost-saving measure?
IT is no longer merely a "Support function" it is the business model.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 12th - 13th April 2021)
- Taking Back “Software Engineering”
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd April 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Containers Beyond the Fundamentals, What Next? (Online Meetup on 18th March 2021)
- Go Faster, Be Safer: Release Velocity and Psychological Safety (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Lessons Deploying Lean Enterprise at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Digital Disruption & Economies of Speed
Dave Farley is a pioneer of Continuous Delivery, thought-leader and expert practitioner in CD, DevOps, TDD and software development in general.
Dave has been a programmer, software engineer, systems architect and leader of successful teams, for many years, from the early days of modern computing, taking those fundamental principles of how computers and software work, and shaping ground-breaking, innovative approaches that have changed how we approach modern software development. Dave has challenged conventional thinking and lead teams to build world class software.