Emotional Intelligence is just as important to professional success as technical ability. It can be a comfortable space having your head down modelling or solving complex problems, what about when you need to communicate your solution, how well do you fare? The way we communicate in the ‘Tech Space’ is important and can be critical for the delivery and success of any project.
There can be no doubt collaboration and connection is needed to build, learn, share and evolve ideas in the ‘Tech Community’, improved communication will also support greater success when it comes to delivering projects. Developing your emotional intelligence and using it as a tool will really make a difference in breaking down barriers when it comes to communication within the Tech and Skills Matter communities.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to Set Goals in Alignment with Your Values (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 14th - 17th June 2021)
- Get Confident with Investment Basics & Sustainable Investing (Online Meetup on 21st April 2021)
- Of Technical Leaders, the 10x Dev and Other Mythical Creatures (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
Emotional Intelligence in Tech
Rosemarie Wilson is a Mindset Coach, International Speaker, Mentor and Founder of Pragmatica Coaching, a coaching and training company.
In her role she works with mid and senior level female professionals to help nurture their talent, thrive in their role or take the next step in their career. She also works with organisations who are committed to investing in and retaining talent, whilst supporting an organisational culture of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.