This talk is about how Rust gives us choices, whether its pure Rust for high-performance, high throughput or a hybrid Node/Rust solution where we need a mixture of pure Node where we want rapid development. We will give examples using our hybrid location service built using Rust and Node with Neon, we will also delve deeper into how we used neon's geo distance function. We will showcase our first pure Rust microservice in the form of our analytics worker.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Rust from a Frontend Perspective (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- A Millions Ads Journey with Rust (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)