You've found a Premium Feature!
Certain videos, events and workspaces require a Premium Membership. Become a Skills Matter Premium Member today to access exclusive benefits including free tickets to online conferences, Members-only events and discounts on training.Unlock this Video
When the requirements change out from under your tech team, your code has to change. So it’s worthwhile to build your skills in assessing code maintainability, deciding whether to refactor, and doing the refactor.
In this talk, we’ll answer questions like:
- What does it mean for code to be maintainable, and how do we make code more maintainable?
- How do we know when to refactor — and how do we know when to stop refactoring?
- How do we sell stakeholders on giving us space to make a large refactor?
This talk includes both code samples and architecture samples from apps in use today.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What Counts as a Programming Language? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- How to Read Complex Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Introduction: Rust London & BCS / OSSG Hybrid Talks (SkillsCast recorded in August 2021)