The software industry today is very different than it was 20 years ago. Over time the perception of roles, core skills and needs for companies in the space have evolved, giving rise to a new breath of technical leadership and managerial styles. However, these skills and profiles are in short supply. Why is that? What can be done?
In this talk I'd like to share some personal reflections on the topic, some lessons learned when I have tried to tackle these problems and maybe give you some ideas that you could take and implement in your organisations.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Agile at Scale (In-Person) with Joakim Sundén (in London on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- Training from the Back of the Room with Ben Maynard and Jon Spruce (in London on 1st - 2nd November 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- Inspiring Women in FinTech & Crypto (Online Meetup on 26th May 2022)
- Integration Leadership (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
- Mastering the Habit Loop to Improve Your Life, Career and Organization (SkillsCast recorded in January 2022)
Of Technical Leaders, the 10x Dev and Other Mythical Creatures
José E. Rodríguez Huerta is MD for Codurance Spain. He leads and supports a team of exceptional people whose purpose is to accelerate organizations and to help them reach their goals. This is accomplished using a combination of high impact interventions, skills development and organizational consulting in areas like cultural transformation, technology, software development, leadership and processes.