This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of μCon: The Microservices eXchange
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the μCon: The Microservices eXchange early-access window expires on June 13, 2021.
Microservices present their own unique challenges around managing dependencies, continuous delivery, test automation and cost optimization. Oftentimes, these challenges aren't realized until an organization is well on its way to decomposing their monolith into microservces. In this talk, I will share my experiences with the toil associated with these challenges, and approaches we took to work around these challenges.
We will walk through three specific areas of toil:
- Developer Feedback - how to ensure the developers are able to get fast feedback on changes they are trying to make
- Continuous Delivery - how to optimize your delivery process to allow teams to deliver software with minimal dependencies on other teams
- Cost Optimization - how to empower teams to own the costs associated with their services
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th June 2021)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 12th - 13th July 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- How to Simplify Parsing with Genie Dq (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- How I save myself 30+ minutes a day as a Network Engineer using Ansible (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization
Casey Lee is passionate about leveraging AWS to help organizations improve the speed at which they deliver software. He holds 5 AWS certifications and serves as the CTO for Gaggle, an EdTech firm specializing in keeping students safe. With a background in software development, he has spent the past 20 years architecting, building, and supporting software systems for organizations ranging from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises.