This SkillsCast is currently only available to registered attendees of μCon: The Microservices eXchange
It will be freely available to all Skills Matter members once the μCon: The Microservices eXchange early-access window expires on June 13, 2021.
While we all want to work on shiny new software with shiny new technology, the reality is that many developers and teams are stuck maintaining legacy systems. While typically these systems continue to work, maintaining them can be painful. Yet the cost of replacing the old systems with new ones is unimaginable and financially untenable for many companies. How do we deal with this situation without abandoning our clients who are not yet candidates for rewrites or even for lift and shift.
In this talk, 30 year software veteran Julie Lerman, will share some of her own experiences and tips for keeping clients' businesses running while slowly helping them evolve to modern times, blending modern software practices into ancient systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Getting to DDD: Pragmatic or Principled? (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 20th - 21st May 2021)
- Invitation to Systems Thinking with Jessica Kerr and Kent Beck (Online Course on 21st - 25th June 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Monitoring Temperature (with Too Many Bluetooth Thermometers) (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Rusty Azure (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Living with Your Legacy
Julie Lerman is a member of Microsoft’s Regional Director program and a long-time Microsoft MVP. She makes her living as a mentor and consultant to software teams around the world.