Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
While we all want to work on shiny new software with shiny new technology, the reality is that many developers and teams are stuck maintaining legacy systems. While typically these systems continue to work, maintaining them can be painful. Yet the cost of replacing the old systems with new ones is unimaginable and financially untenable for many companies. How do we deal with this situation without abandoning our clients who are not yet candidates for rewrites or even for lift and shift.
In this talk, 30 year software veteran Julie Lerman, will share some of her own experiences and tips for keeping clients' businesses running while slowly helping them evolve to modern times, blending modern software practices into ancient systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Getting to DDD: Pragmatic or Principled? (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th June 2022)
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Living with Your Legacy
Julie Lerman is a member of Microsoft’s Regional Director program and a long-time Microsoft MVP. She makes her living as a mentor and consultant to software teams around the world.