Cats Effect is a library that makes it easy to write code that effectively uses multiple cores and doesn’t leak resources. This makes building complex applications, such as highly concurrent services, much more productive. This talk will introduce the meaning and role of side-effects and effects, how to encapsulate side-effects in a safer form, and show off the features of the Cats Effect library that provide parallelism, concurrency, resource-safety, and more!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- LJC Live with Andrzej Grzesik and Karsten Silz (in London on 16th February 2023)
- Take a load off: how strong platform engineering moves an organisation forward (Online Meetup on 23rd February 2023)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- The Middle Way for Static Typing in Spark DataFrames (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien
Adam Rosien is a Principal at Inner Product, focused on building systems, training and mentoring using functional programming. He previously helped various startups in many domains develop back-end systems and implement continuous deployment practices, and also spent five years as a developer at Xerox PARC.