Cats Effect is a library that makes it easy to write code that effectively uses multiple cores and doesn’t leak resources. This makes building complex applications, such as highly concurrent services, much more productive. This talk will introduce the meaning and role of side-effects and effects, how to encapsulate side-effects in a safer form, and show off the features of the Cats Effect library that provide parallelism, concurrency, resource-safety, and more!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 7th - 10th December 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien
Adam Rosien is a Principal at Inner Product, focused on building systems, training and mentoring using functional programming. He previously helped various startups in many domains develop back-end systems and implement continuous deployment practices, and also spent five years as a developer at Xerox PARC.