Building and managing distributed systems with microservices today is fraught with complexity and hidden cost. We look at how platforms are evolving, wasmcloud as a next generation platform, and the part that Rust and Webassembly have to play in blurring the distinction between the cloud and the edge. We’ll get our hands dirty and build a wasmcloud cluster on a couple of Raspberry Pi machines, and walk through running some example workloads written in Rust.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A Safer Future (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Introduction to Rust (Online Course on 8th - 15th December 2021)
- Rust London Ockam Takeover (Online Meetup on 27th October 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices – Evolution, Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Architectural Patterns for Rapid, Reliable, Frequent and Sustainable Development (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)