A CI/CD pipeline seems straightforward to implement and maintain. Yet it can often quickly become a tedious time sink and a source of universal frustration on many teams. From flaky builds, to long running builds, to flaky long running builds, the sources of frustration are endless. With the goal to ship more and faster as well as to compete in an ever changing industry, we can (and must) do better.
This talk will cover best practices for performance, stability, security, and maintainability of CI/CD pipelines, each supported with practical examples and counterexamples.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- One to 10x - Tools that give you superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- Provisional Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 27th - 29th September 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Building Adaptive Systems for a Fast Flow of Change (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success
Zan is a developer advocate at CircleCI, on a mission to educate and inspire developers on the topics of CI/CD, DevOps, and software quality.
Across his career he has worked in companies of various sizes, from enterprises to own startups, and everything in between, and across industries as diverse as retail, AI, and developer tools. He’s passionate about serverless technologies, mobile development, and developer experience. Outside of work, he enthuses over airplanes, craft beer, and the Oxford comma.
Zan tweets at @zmarkan.