A CI/CD pipeline seems straightforward to implement and maintain. Yet it can often quickly become a tedious time sink and a source of universal frustration on many teams. From flaky builds, to long running builds, to flaky long running builds, the sources of frustration are endless. With the goal to ship more and faster as well as to compete in an ever changing industry, we can (and must) do better.
This talk will cover best practices for performance, stability, security, and maintainability of CI/CD pipelines, each supported with practical examples and counterexamples.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- One to 10x - Tools that give you superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 12th - 13th July 2021)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month — Leadership and Strategy Week (Online Conference on 6th - 8th July 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month (Online Conference on 6th - 29th July 2021)
- Product Elevation June (Online Meetup on 22nd June 2021)
- Tooling Up! - Contract testing with Pact (Online Meetup on 7th July 2021)
- Test Lead in an Agile Transformation (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Keynote: The Best of Everything in DDD (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success
Zan is a developer advocate at CircleCI, on a mission to educate and inspire developers on the topics of CI/CD, DevOps, and software quality.
Across his career he has worked in companies of various sizes, from enterprises to own startups, and everything in between, and across industries as diverse as retail, AI, and developer tools. He’s passionate about serverless technologies, mobile development, and developer experience. Outside of work, he enthuses over airplanes, craft beer, and the Oxford comma.
Zan tweets at @zmarkan.