A CI/CD pipeline seems straightforward to implement and maintain. Yet it can often quickly become a tedious time sink and a source of universal frustration on many teams. From flaky builds, to long running builds, to flaky long running builds, the sources of frustration are endless. With the goal to ship more and faster as well as to compete in an ever changing industry, we can (and must) do better.
This talk will cover best practices for performance, stability, security, and maintainability of CI/CD pipelines, each supported with practical examples and counterexamples.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- One to 10x - Tools that give you superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 7th - 11th March 2022)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in on 15th - 17th March 2022)
- DevSecOps eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 24th February 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 10th - 11th May 2022)
- Roman Pichler: Agile Product Roadmaps (Online Meetup on 27th January 2022)
- Gemba Sprints (Online Meetup on 8th February 2022)
- Merging Kanplexity™ with LeSS (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Retrospecitves Antipatterns (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success
Zan is a developer advocate at CircleCI, on a mission to educate and inspire developers on the topics of CI/CD, DevOps, and software quality.
Across his career he has worked in companies of various sizes, from enterprises to own startups, and everything in between, and across industries as diverse as retail, AI, and developer tools. He’s passionate about serverless technologies, mobile development, and developer experience. Outside of work, he enthuses over airplanes, craft beer, and the Oxford comma.
Zan tweets at @zmarkan.