When Louise first started testing APIs, for a long while she couldn't give you a decent definition of what they are (they're a sort of middle man, right?)
In this testing story, Louise explains how Swaggers helped her to understand REST APIs, the joys of being an "HTTP code geek", and led her to appreciate Postman and Beeceptor.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 20th - 22nd September 2022)
- Improving Software Quality through Data with Markus Harrer (Online Workshop on 14th - 15th November 2022)
- Performance Summit 2022 (Online Conference on 30th - 31st August 2022)
- Test Those Metrics! Our Black-Box Approach for Observability Testing (SkillsCast recorded in December 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to Involve People with Disabilities (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Why An API Story?
I'm Louise Woodhams, I've been a tester for just over 5 years. I adore API testing and learning new ways/ tools to find bugs. I love a problem, puzzle and a mystery to solve. I spend a bunch of my off time playing puzzle games, board games or inhaling as many books as possible.