When Louise first started testing APIs, for a long while she couldn't give you a decent definition of what they are (they're a sort of middle man, right?)
In this testing story, Louise explains how Swaggers helped her to understand REST APIs, the joys of being an "HTTP code geek", and led her to appreciate Postman and Beeceptor.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th October 2021)
- Performance Summit (Online Conference on 29th - 30th September 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- TPP: From Dumb, to Specific, to Generic (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Why An API Story?
I'm Louise Woodhams, I've been a tester for just over 5 years. I adore API testing and learning new ways/ tools to find bugs. I love a problem, puzzle and a mystery to solve. I spend a bunch of my off time playing puzzle games, board games or inhaling as many books as possible.